North London Garages Group Training Association has provided training for young people aged 16 years and over wishing to enter the Motor Industry as motor mechanics, body repairers, paint sprayers and vehicle restorers for the UK motor industry for over 45 years.
We are an Investors in People company and an approved assessment centre for the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI), delivering a wide range of Motor Vehicle qualifications, Functional skills and Assessor awards.
Colin Denton NLGGTA Chief Executive:
““As a former motor vehicle apprentice I can appreciate the hard work and dedication each apprentice must show if they want to become a qualified motor vehicle mechanic. The rewards can also be high; Government research shows an apprentice will earn £100,000 more in their working life than the average worker. These figures are staggering and the apprentice incurs no debt because the majority of apprenticeships are fully Government funded”.
With over 45 years’ experience training apprentices NLGGTA has seen more than 2000 apprentices qualify through one or more of their motor vehicle programmes and currently have apprenticeship vacancies.
OVER 45 YEARS DELIVERING AUTOMOTIVE TRAINING FROM OUR BASE IN ENFIELD
SPECIALISM – APPRENTICESHIPS, TRAINEESHIPS ALTERNATIVE PROVISION FOR SCHOOLS
OUR TUTORS, ASSESSORS AND INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURERS ARE ALL FROM THE MOTOR INDUSTRY
Ofsted Inspection Report 2013
NLGGTA were awarded Grade 2 – Summary of Key findings:
- Apprentices develop high levels of practical skills, competence and confidence
- Apprentices progression into employment and further education is good
- Learners are very well supported by their assessors, tutors and work place supervisors in the development of their skills
- Excellent resources, in the training centres and workplaces, support learning and promote a very professional learning environment
- Many graduates of NLGGTA have progressed to senior management positions in local garages, providing excellent role models for the apprentices
- Tutors and assessors are extremely well qualified and highly experienced. They use their knowledge and experience well to ensure learners make rapid progress in lessons and acquire the skills in the workplace that employers value.
For further information contact NLGGTA Recruitment on 020 8805 6967