IMI L1 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Awareness Course
This course is designed to provide candidates with an introduction to the knowledge of safe working practices, the dangers surrounding and the precautions required to avoid potential injury when near Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
This qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable candidates to continue to work safely within their role. These non-technical roles can include but are not exclusive to:
- Parts Advisors
- Sales and aftersales advisors
- Event Staff
- Vehicle Recovery Personnel
- Vehicle Dismantlers
- Vehicle Damage Assessors
- Electric/Hybrid professional vehicle drivers
The content of this qualification has been designed to give the candidates the knowledge required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles. It contains one mandatory unit covering:
- The types of Electric/Hybrid vehicles available
- Hazards associated with motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
- Working safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles including charging
As a result, candidates successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge of working safely around, but not the maintainance of, Electric/ Hybrid vehicles.
- Know the levels of current and voltage that present a hazard and on humans
- Know the appropriate methods to isolate safely the high energy electrical system and carry out a safe method to re-instate the vehicle following the manufacturer’s instructions
- Know the correct method of connection of an alternative power source (if permissible) to an electrically propelled/hybrid vehicle for the purpose of jump starting and/or charging the vehicle
- Be able to work safely with an Electric/ Hybrid vehicle
Assessment & Certification
Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI)
A: Online Test
C: IMI – L1 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Awareness (ID No: 603/1465/5)
Course Programme Details
Group size 12 (1-day Course Inc Registration, Examination & Certification)
Lunch & Refreshments provided
Delivery On site/Off-site: Off-site Delivery at NLGGTA Facility Enfield
Cost £250 per Candidate
Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management for Emergency and Recovery Personnel
Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
This course provides the knowledge required to work with vehicles that are powered by live high energy electrical components and associated systems.
This course does not require any previous training or repair knowledge within the automotive industry.
This course does not cover commercial or domestic electrical installations.