North London Garages GTA Ltd (NLG) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which organisations can legally operate.
Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. The Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views, practices and legal obligations regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information you give to us or we collect about you
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
The information you give us or we collect from you may include, but not exclusive to, your name, address, e-mail addresses and phone numbers, financial information and compliance documentation.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
- Used fairly and lawfully – Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data
- Used for limited, specifically stated purpose
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate, kept safe and secure
- Kept for no longer than absolutely necessary – We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so. Accordingly, we have a data retention notice and run data reviews to remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Disclosure of your information inside and outside of the EEA
We pass Data to our Data Controllers, as listed below, and may share Data with other third parties as deemed necessary for the running of our business. We will not sell on your details to other third parties.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights
Access to information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR
Our Data Protection Officer is Lynn Kirby