- North London Garages GTA’s aim is to ensure, that outcomes for children and young people are improved by the receipt of better care, services and education. Improved outcomes can only be achieved if children and young people are safe from harm. Therefore, safeguarding the welfare of children and young people is part of our core business
- Learners are provided with a safe learning environment, both in the work place and training centre;
- Involved in the review and improvement of the services provided by North London Garages
North London Garages GTA adopts the definition used in the Children Act 2004 and the Department for Education guidance document Working together to safeguard children, which focuses on safeguarding and promoting children and young people’s welfare and can be summarised as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care, and
- Undertaking that role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully.
North London’s Garages will fulfil its statutory duties to promote equality of opportunity and avoid discrimination in respect of race, disability and gender. It also has regard to the equality regulations in respect of nine protected characteristics to include, religion, or belief, sexual orientation and gender reassignment. It is intended to create a consistent approach to promoting equality in all its aspects of our provision.
North London Garages recognises the contribution made by its employees, the employers it works with, learners, visitors, and partners, in terms of qualities of diverse experiences brought to learning, training, support services, research, consultancy, administration and management. We will seek to ensure facilities and adjustments to working and learning are considered wherever possible to accommodate a more diverse community